Image: Jonathan Lovekin
Flavour abounds in this refreshing salad, featuring pomegranate seeds, tomatoes and cucumber.
- 1 cup each: diced zucchini and English cucumber
- 4 thinly sliced scallions, white and pale green parts only
- 1 1/4 cups seeded diced tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 tsp each: dried mint and dill
- 1 tsp kosher or sea salt, more to taste
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups loosely packed roughly chopped Italian parsley
Add all ingredients except the parsley to a large mixing bowl and toss together very well. Let stand for 10 minutes. Add the parsley, toss again until everything is a beautiful jumble, and serve immediately.
Serves: 4 to 6
Excerpted from by Nigella Lawson. Recipes Copyright © 2018. Photography copyright © 2018 Jonathan Lovekin. Excerpted by permission of Random House. All rights reserved.